Penny MchLachlan, Product Manager Chrome Web Platform, Google
Developers will learn
- What does the ‘install capability’ unlock for users
- What use cases are typically suitable for installed web apps, why & how not to annoy users by forcing them to install
- When to ask the user to install for common use cases (and when not to!)
- What patterns to use to promote installable web apps without being annoying
- How to trigger the install prompt and measure interactions
About Penny MchLachlan
Penny is a Product Manager on the Chrome Web Platform team responsible for Chrome permissions, notifications, and progressive web apps. Penny is a co-founder of Mobify, now part of the Salesforce suite.
In 2021 we have a whole series of events for Front End Developers
Across 2021 Web Directions is presenting a series of online conferences for front end designers and developers. Focussed deep dives, they go far beyond what you might expect from conference programs.
Priced individually from $195, or attend all 6, plus get access to our conference presentation platform Conffab for just $595, or $59 a month.